Big news for Illinois from Deschutes Brewery.
Been hearing rumors for the better part of a year now. Received official word from a Wirtz rep early Monday afternoon followed up by an official press release.
Illinois brewers took home a total of 9 medals at this year’s Great American Beer Festival this past weekend in Denver including a virtual* sweep of American-Style Pale Ale Category.
*I count Three Floyds in the list below and the sweep as an Associate Member Brewer of the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild.
At 109 entries, Category 50 American-Style Pale Ale was the fifth most entered category in 2012 behind American-Style Strong Pale (111 entries), Herb & Spice Beer (114), Imperial IPA (128), and the always-titan American-Style IPA clocking in at 203 total entries.
- Revolution Brewing - Chicago - “Cross of Gold” - English-Style Summer Ale - 38 entries
- Goose Island Beer Co - Chicago - “India Pale Ale” - English-Style IPA - 54 entries
- Brickstone Brewery - Bourbonnais - “Brickstone APA” - 109 entries
- Piece Brewery - Chicago - “The Weight” - American-Style Pale Ale - 109 entries
- Two Brothers Brewing Co - Warrenville - “Ebel’s Weiss” - South German-Style Hefeweizen - 70 entries
- DESTIHL - Normal - “Strawberry Blonde Ale” - Fruit Beer - 58 entries
- 5 Rabbit Cerveceria - Bedford Park - “5 Lizard Latin-Style Witbier” - Fruit Wheat Beer - 38 entries
- Revolution Brewing - Chicago - “A Little Crazy” - American-Belgo-Style Ale - 71 entries
- Three Floyds Brewing* - Munster, IN - “Zombie Dust” - American-Style Pale Ale - 109 entries
- Two Brothers Brewing - Warrenville - “Domaine DuPage” - Belgian- and French-Style Ale - 68 entries